Writing Good Seo Content

I’ve hit upon a great way to make outlines for SEO article writing. This is an easy strategy that turns out articles which offer the reader exactly what they’re looking for. It’s my “questions” method.

What I do is start with a general question that the article is going to answer. If I don’t know anything about the topic, this actually helps. What do I want to know about the topic? Start with one big question, and separate the rest of the article into 3 sub-questions that a reader would naturally ask as they move down the page.

Let’s say you’ve got an article to write on “garage door opener.” Before you start researching, take a second to think: What is the net surfer who is going to read and click through this article looking for? You’ve just asked the first question of many questions. The answer might be something like, “What if you’re garage door opener doesn’t work?” You’ve now got the topic for your article.

Why doesn’t the stupid thing work, anyway? The next step is to figure out what it’s doing or not doing. For example, “When I press the button nothing happens,” or “It opens but makes funny noises.” The next question for our helpful and informative article is “What’s wrong with it?” Here, we give the reader some ideas of possible problems. Think of it as a 100-word trouble shooting guide.

You’ve got the remote in your hand and it’s not working. With the second question, “what’s wrong with it?” answered, you’ll need the next question to pop into the befuddled reader’s mind – “Can I fix it myself?” Of course you can fix it if you’ve got some handyman skills. Here are some simple things you can fix yourself (make sure the box is plugged in, reset the remote’s code), and here are some things that you might not be able to do yourself (replacing torsion springs).

The third question arises – “If I can’t fix it myself, what should I do?” The answer here is to call the pros and have them come out to the house for a look.

The “garage door” thing is just one example, but the idea is the same for any topic. Figure out what questions the reader is asking, and use those as the main points of your article. Ask these questions yourself, and research and write the answers. As any SEO writer worth his or her salt knows however, you shouldn’t answer the questions completely, or else they won’t click through to the site. While that’s truism in the SEO writing world, I’d challenge anybody to fully answer the reader’s questions in 400 words!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Key Elements For Seo Web Design

Ten Essential Tips Ofr Delivering Successful Seo

Seo Articles Writing – Tips & Techniques